Year 6 to Year 7 Transitions (Primary to Secondary)
All Year 6 students and their parents will be advised about the transition from primary to secondary process by their primary schools. During September and October Year 6 parents are advised to attend as many secondary schools’ Open Days or Transition events as possible and research school websites, read school prospectuses, etc . All applicants have to complete a Common Application Form provided by their home borough (local authority) and submit this before the published Closing Date.
Before the published closing date applicants for Year 7 at St Augustine’s must do the following:
- Complete and submit a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) direct to St Augustine’s CE High School.
- Get your Clergy Form completed by your faith leader and submit this to St Augustine’s CE High School. (These will be included in the prospectus or can be downloaded)
- Name St Augustine’s as one of your preferences on your home Borough’s Common Application Form and return this to your home borough’s School Admissions Team.
- Made a note of the Banding Test Day (usually first Saturday in December). It is essential that your child attends this test. We are required to prove that we have a fully comprehensive intake, i.e. equal number of children from all (4) ability bands. If we do not have a result we will not be able to place your child in an ability band which could affect their application.
- Please read the admissions policy
Admissions Policy - 2021/22
St Augustine's Application Form 2021/22